After the earthquake on February 6 in Turkey, Syria and Kurdistan, the people affected by this disaster are still very much on our minds. The Berlinale Forum and Forum Expanded have strong ties to filmmakers, curators and critics from or with family connections to the region.
When Müge Turan, a Forum programme consultant from Istanbul, and Can Sungu, co-curator of the “Fiktionsbescheinigung” programme, approached us independently, if we could share some links to organisations that provide humanitarian aid in the area, we gladly said yes. Please donate if you can afford it!
Below you can find donation links to a range of local and international organisations:
- AKUT (Search and Rescue Association based in the south of Turkey)
- Ahbap (NGO providing humanitarian aid based in Turkey)
- Basmeh & Zeitooneh (NGO supporting Syrian refugees based in Lebanon)
- Heyva Sor a Kurdistanê (Kurdish Red Crescent, NGO based in Germany, Kobanê and Rojava)
- OXFAM (British-founded NGO network with numerous local partners in the area)
- Medico international (International human rights organisation based in Germany)
- Médecins Sans Frontières (International NGO for humanitarian medical care founded in France)