Films for the Berlinale-Forum can only be submitted through the Berlinale main page.
The deadline for the entry form and the screeners is November 2, 2022. The processing fee is 175 Euro. You have to have an account at berlinale.de which you can register with during your submission.
Eligible for Forum are feature films and documentaries of at least 60 minutes running time, which
- have not been screened at any other German or European film festival. A presentation at festivals in the country of origin (except for German films) will be accepted. A presentation at an online festival is permitted if the streamings were only accessible outside of Europe/in the country of origin (geoblocking).
- have not been released in Europe other than in their country of origin.
- have neither been broadcast nor presented on the internet/VOD other than in their country of origin (except German films).
- were completed within the 12 months prior to the start of the festival.
- are available in the formats DCP or QuickTime ProRes. 35mm or other formats only upon request.
- are meant to be released in film theatres.
A submission for Forum Expanded is not possible. The selection committee (headed by Uli Ziemons und Ala Younis) is inviting selected artists directly. For more info write to forumexpanded(at)arsenal-berlin.de.